Saturday, April 2, 2011

Found something cartoony to work on.

Last week I found this awesome concept art website called http://fuckyeahconceptart.tumblr.com/ .  I really like the setup they have going for it.  Its basically one long scrolling website of concept art.  Click on a pic and it will either send you to all of their uploaded work or their personal websites.

Along the way I found this French artist named Kevin Aymeric.  He has alot of great Japanese inspired artwork in his artist blog.  I really like the way he uses his color palettes to set a mood and his use of pastel colors.  His artist's blog can be viewed at http://aymrc.blogspot.com/.


One my favorites of his work so far is a work called Village Pandala .  I haven't done too many cartoony art pieces in some time, so I decided it would be fun to use Village Pandala as inspiration for my next major project.  For the most part I've blocked out the scene.  I'll render out a top down later.  It's bigger than it looks here.

I'm going to be making this in Maya, 3d Coat and in the Unreal Development Kit.  I've started sculpting a couple of logs to get a feel for how I'm going to give it even more of a stylized look.  Maybe a little bit of a Okami feel to it.  I may even make an animated camera in UDK and make it go towards a demo reel.  So far its been pretty fun, can't wait to see how it all turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment