Saturday, June 11, 2011

Bamboo and logs, Oh my!

Here are some new screenshots of the textured versions of the bamboo and logs.  Logs and bamboo poles still need ropes to connect all the pieces together.  The individual bamboo for the forest area still need their leaves.  But I'll come back to that after I make some rocks.

I also added another blockout of scene itself.  Its still pretty rough.  I'm going to finish a majority of the assets before adding them into Unreal, otherwise its redundant.

I recently watched the Unreal Dev Kit - Intro dvd on unreal scene setup and it was great.  The biggest mistake I made working on the Estella Cloister scene was making the scene non - modular.  What that means is that I should of made pieces that I could of used over and over like a jigsaw puzzle.  Rather than trying to make "one" whole piece.  I think I may end up going back into that scene and cutting it up and putting into Unreal or Crytek (when it comes out in August) because Gamebryo didn't give the scene the justice it deserved. 

Its all about the things you learn along the way that can help you prevent the mistakes of the past.



No comments:

Post a Comment